Tuesday 24 February 2015

Birthday Cake @ Le Petit Gateau


I have gone in to Le Petit Gateau several times for their absolutely delicious milk chocolate, orange and cardamom hot chocolates. Each time I have stood waiting for my drink I have looked into their display cabinet and seen the amazing cakes on offer with a great amount of desire and envy.

Fortunately, to celebrate a recent birthday in our office, the firm bought two of their amazing cakes for us to enjoy. On offer was the Hazelnut Praline Mud Cake (rich flourless choc-hazelnut mud cake slathered in dark chocolate ganache icing) and the Salted Caramel White Chocolate Cake (A light and delicate white chocolate sponge covered in an amazingly rich salted caramel icing).

Both of the cakes were amazing. I was a particular fan of the Hazelnut Praline Mud Cake as it combined a moist, rich, sweet mud cake core with the bitter-orange citrus note of a very fine dark chocolate in the ganache. (I will admit to having had two slices of it because it was just so amazing, but please don't tell R!)


The Salted Caramel White Chocolate cake was also delicious, however, it was perhaps just a little too sweet for me to want to rush back to it. However I do tend to prefer more astringent tastes in my desserts, so I suspect most people would find it absolutely delicious.

I would highly recommend Le Petit Gateau either for your next birthday cake, or as a beautiful Parisian style cafe to sit in and enjoy a nice hot chocolate alongside an incredible slice of cake.

Le Petit Gateau on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment