Monday 2 February 2015

Photo of the week: pulled pork and sides @ Meatmother, Richmond


Came here with my buddy H around this time last year prior to watching my perennially underperforming fave lose against Tommy Robredo at a night match on Hisense last year. M and I have been here and their sister restaurant, Meatmaiden, a couple of times now and have always been pleased with the food.

On this occasion we went very early, as soon as they opened, so that we could make the match in good time. The restaurant was empty when we went in and pretty much stayed that way while we were there but I was still impressed that they were very accommodating when we requested the food to be brought out as soon as possible.

I had the pulled pork with two sides, the mash & gravy and BBQ beans. The mash was very tasty and smooth and the gravy had a lovely flavour through it. The beans were also nice but I had a major case of order envy when I tried H's mac n cheese which was delicious. I was very happy with my choice of pulled pork, however, which was flavoursome, well-cooked, and importantly MOIST with plenty of saucy, meaty juices. The meat was placed atop something which resembled and a pale brioche but later I found out that it was something called Texas toast, something I wasn't a huge fan of and didn't finish (partly due to the size of the rest of the dish)

Meatmother on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment