Saturday 28 March 2015

Quick Review: Dessert and Coffee @ Meatballs & Sons‏

Many places have now hopped on the Meatballs bandwagon, and I feel we may be nearing the end of the trend, so it was with some trepidation that I went to Meatballs & Sons on Brunswick Street. However it was late and I needed a coffee to help decompress after a late flight.


Intending to only get a take away cup with a friend the grim weather outside persuaded us to stay in for it and also to get some dessert. In hindsight I'm really glad we did. I had a fresh baked chocolate brownie with blueberry sauce and chantilly cream.


It was wonderful, the bittersweet chocolate of the brownie was perfectly offset by the tart blueberries and the rich sweetness of the flavoured cream. My coffee was also excellent. As you'll know about me by now I am all about good crema and my cup at Meatballs had it in spades. So on the whole, recommended. I can't speak to their dinner but if it is anything like the dessert you will leave happy.

Meatballs & Sons on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. A coffee shop is not a coffee shop without delicious specialty drinks, great food items, crepes made to order, and tantalizing desserts. Here at the Coffee Tasse we have all of these and more, proving we are the best coffee shop.

    ReplyDelete