Sunday 28 December 2014

Quick review: Can Tho, Canberra


By now you've probably detected a bit of a pattern with my eating habits, a not insignificant aspect of which is that I eat a lot of Vietnamese food. Canberra doesn't have very many good restaurants, but I'm fortunate to have a good Vietnamese restaurant not too far from my nest.

Weirdly enough, despite having been here on a few occasions, I've never actually tried their pho. I've heard pretty good things about it though. What I have here every time is their pork chops—be it with a noodle soup, with rice, in a bun, or on this occasion with cold rice noodles and wrapped with herbs and lettuce. A little word of warning if you're squeamish like I am about big chunks of animal fat, you may want to pry apart these little pork parcels because inside you'll find slices of unadulterated pork fat. I have no idea if this is traditional, but I take out the fat before I eat it. However, you won't have the problem with the actual pork chops...no hidden fat there. What I also love about the pork chops at this place is that they give you two of them, most Vietnamese places nowadays will only give you one. Most importantly though, the flavour is good, the service is friendly enough and the prices are very decent by Canberra standards.

Can Tho on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment