Sunday 2 August 2015

Coffee and a Jaffel @ Naked Espresso

Amazing coffee.


I had heard fabulous things about the coffee at Naked Espresso on Little Bourke and when I ventured in there on a cold July morning I wasn't disappointed. The tiny shop is an oasis of rich coffee smells and the sizzling of Jaffels in the grilling iron. I ordered my standard long black and it came complete with a perfectly expressed layer of rich, thick, crema and the requisite mineral water shot. The flavour was light, but still had the kick I need from my black coffee.


Adequate jaffel.

Along with the coffee I ordered a turkey, brie and cranberry jaffel. It was OK for the price - relatively reasonable at 9.50 for a sit down dish - however it was nothing outstanding. Thinly sliced turkey, generic brie and some very christmasy cranberry sauce on a nice wholegrain. I cleared the plate, but I wouldn't race back for the food.

If you are looking for a good cup of coffee on Little Bourke however, I would rate Naked Espresso well above their key rivals from down the road Brother Baba Budan.

Click to add a blog post for Naked Espresso Bar on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment