Saturday 15 August 2015

Pure Cheese Indulgence @ Milk the Cow

It may seem expensive on the menu, but believe me $50 was a small price to pay. 

This is just a short post to single out my new favourite place for cheese and whisky in Melbourne: Milk the Cow.

I had heard rumblings that it was excellent, and I wanted to check it out for myself.

Heading over to lygon with my friend D, we split one of their specially selected cheese platters along with a few glasses of Michael Couvreur 'Fleeting' 14 year old burgundy cask aged scotch.

The evening would have been worth it for the scotch alone - a beautiful, almost cognac-y drop, bought from a highland distillery by M. Couvreur and aged in Burgundy in casks used for that region's famous Gran Cru. It was one of the finest non-Islay whiskies I have had in a very long while, and I would highly recommend you making a trip to get a glass (you can't get it many other places).

The cheese however, really made the night. We had a range of excellent international and local cheeses - and I will do a full review including photos of my second and third trips to Milk the Cow soon.

However particular highlights were a black truffle infused french brie and a beautiful cognac washed soft cheese that practically melted into the bread. Topped off with dried muscat grapes and high-end quince paste and it was a cheese board to remember. 

Stay tuned for more!


Click to add a blog post for Milk the Cow on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment