Sunday 2 August 2015

The best omelet ever @ Cheeky Monkey


The aforementioned amazing omelet.

I went to Cheeky Monkey on Swan Street for the first time a few days ago and I am now sad that I haven't been a regular five-ever. The omelet that I had there for brunch was perhaps the best I have ever tasted and the coffee that came along with it was excellent too.

My omelet gave me the choice of three high end ingredients from a long list and I chose Meredith feta, Christmas ham and organic spinach. It was a good combination, expertly prepared.

The omelet itself was cooked in a deep pan, that gave it a size and shape roughly approximate to a quiche. There was none of the thin layer of egg lazily wrapped around a few soggy ingredients that you will sometimes get served. This was the deep dish, Chicago style, pizza of omelets. The egg was golden brown and delicious, the ham came in enormous, beautifully smoked, chunks and the freshness of the feta and the spinach really lifted the whole ensemble.  

The accompanying coffee (still pretty awesome). 
The sourdough rye that came along side was fantastic, and I really appreciated the strong (yet delicately flavoured) long black that arrived to help me wash it down.

Highly highly recommended, you owe it to yourself to go!

Click to add a blog post for Cheeky Monkey on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment