Monday 10 August 2015

Delicious Ramen @ Shop Ramen


Kimchi in Ramen? Very yes.
So I finally got myself to Shop Ramen on Smith Street in Collingwood and after hearing great things for ages, I wasn't disappointed.

Along with a friend I sampled the chicken ramen, the beef and kimchi ramen and a delicious Japanese +C soda.

Crunchy greens, crispy chicken, perfect noodles. Wonderful.

I had the chicken ramen (delicious broth, tender noodles, wonderfully gooey ajitsuke egg, fresh greens, corn and the most wonderfully seasoned and grilled organic chicken breast) and my dining companion had the Korean Doenjang Beef ramen (same base, egg and noodles as the chicken ramen with spicy doenjang beef, fiery kimchi, and crisp nuts and spring onion).

My ramen was fantastically flavoured and perfectly ballanced. A lovely winter warmer for the cold June night that surrounded the hip little shop on Smith street. The chicken was a particular highlight, the spices and the crisp, caramelized exterior were just divine, and was a far cry from the cardboard-esque chicken schnitzles you get on many fast food ramen bowls these days. I really enjoyed myself.

My dining companion thought their bowl of the beef and kimchi flavoured ramen was also excellent, and tasting some of the toppings, I tended to agree.

+C gets an A+!
 
I also really enjoyed the can of +C that i got to wash my meal down with. It tastes like a tangier, more lemon rich, Solo, with a similarly low level of fiz. It also apparently contained my daily dose of Vitamin C, so I wasn't arguing with it. Well worth a drink if you're looking for something to go with your meal!

All in all, Shop Ramen is recommended. Head along if you get the chance.

 

Click to add a blog post for Shop Ramen on Zomato

1 comment:

  1. Great post on "Delicious Ramen @ Shop Ramen". As a professional chef i have to appreciate your work. Keep Posting useful posts like this. Keep in touch with my websites- Culinary Institute | Chef Training Institute

    ReplyDelete